From 15 March 2016 any visitor travelling to Canada – including those who don’t currently need a visa to visit – will have to get an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) to enter Canada. From 1 August 2015, travellers will have the opportunity to go online and apply for their eTA ahead of time. For more information see the official Canadian government website.
Three airports service Guelph:
- Pearson International Airport (Toronto) – 45 minutes East of Guelph
- Region of Waterloo International Airport – 20 minutes west of Guelph
- Hamilton International Airport – 40 minutes south of Guelph
From outside North America:
- We recommend flying into Toronto International Airport (YYZ).
From the United States:
- We recommend flying into either Toronto International Airport (YYZ) or Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF).
From Western Canada:
- We recommend flying into either Waterloo International Airport (YKF) or Toronto International Airport (YYZ).
From Eastern Canada:
- We recommend flying into either Hamilton International Airport (YHM) or Toronto International Airport (YYZ).
Travel from the Airports to Guelph Hotels/University
We have arranged a special conference rate for you with Red Car Airport Shuttle Service. Select the Red Car home page link listed below and click on the icon 'CONFERENCE GROUPS'. When you are prompted, enter the password: IHC2016
Visit the website at: www.redcarservice.com to book.
Your online booking will include a $10.00 pre-tax discount per direction ($20.00 Round Trip) from Red Car's current published rates when booking the Shared Ride Shuttle Service. A copy of your reservation details will be e-mailed to your inbox. Red Car will send you a formal confirmation of your booking within 12 hours, including their check-in location at the airport. You are not booked until you have received a confirmation form with confirmation numbers.
**Passengers requiring service to and from Buffalo International Airport may book service using Red Car's regular online booking system at their regular published rates. Passengers requiring service to and from Toronto Island Airport (Billy Bishop) or Union Station in Toronto may book service at their regular published charter rates by calling the Red Car office at 519-824-9344 and speaking with an agent.
Directions from Highway 401 East or West
Exit #299 (Hwy. 6 Hamilton) and travel North (Brock Road North). Brock Road changes to Gordon Street once you enter the City of Guelph (approx. 16 km). Continue on Gordon Street which passes by many of the local hotels and through the University of Guelph campus between Stone Rd and College Ave. University of Guelph campus map
- The University of Guelph is located at 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada.
- $9 / day ( parking lots)
- Greyhound– serves Guelph and Canada
- Go Transit– serves Guelph and Toronto
- City of Guelph Public Transit– Buses #5 and #2a travel from downtown Guelph to the University of Guelph
Red Top Taxi provides accessible service. Taxi service is available on-demand or by booking in advance – 519-821-1700